TurboTax is a unique tax preparation software that helps you file your state and federal tax returns in a very systematic manner and also has several features through which you can maximize your tax refunds. There are different ways you can download and installturbotax.com software on your computer. Often the most common method is to go to a software store and buy the TurboTax software CD and follow the installation steps. However, if your Windows 10 computer does not have a CD drive you will not be able to install the software. It is important to note that if you do not install the software correctly you will constantly receive errors whenever you use TurboTax.
How do I add license code to TurboTax?
- Go to installturbotax.com.
- Set up a TurboTax account if you don’t already have one. If you do, sign in. …
- Enter your license code in the pop up window.
- Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
- Download your software and install.
How to download TurboTax Desktop software from Installturbotax.com?
Here’s some instructions how to download directly from TurboTax.com:
- Sign into your installturbotax.com account using the same login you used when you made your purchase.
- To get to the Downloads tab, select Intuit Account from the bottom of the screen. You can also get to the Downloads tab by signing in directly through the downloads link.
- Select the Downloads tab.
- Select the corresponding blue button for the product you wish to download.
- If you don’t see your product, use account recovery to find out if you have other usernames associated with your email.
- Save the download somewhere on your computer where you can find it.
- If you need help finding your download, check our instructions for Windows or Mac.
- Finally, install your software by double-clicking the downloaded file.
- If you need help installing, TurboTax can help with Windows or Mac.
Steps to Install Turbotax with the CD Drive
It will help if you first know how to install the TurboTax software via installturbotax.comon your computer if it had a CD drive, this way you will be able to appreciate the differences between the two methods of installing TurboTax. You can refer to the steps below to install TurboTax software with a CD Drive:
- Step 1: Close all the background apps on your Windows 10 device
- Step 2: Temporarily disable the firewall and antivirus on your computer
- Step 3: Gently insert the TurboTax CD into the drive and run the software
- Step 4: If the installation process does not start, double click the setup.exe file.
- Step 5: Select ‘Ok’ to begin the installer and follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing TurboTax on your computer.
Users must note that if you want to file your state tax returns there is a separate state download and installation process that needs to be followed.
Steps to Install Turbotax without CD Drive
- Like before, you must close down all apps and programs on your computer and turn of the firewall and antivirus protection software.
- Then, go to the installturbotax.com website and click on the download link that has been provided. If prompted, choose the appropriate OS, which in this case would be Windows 10.
- After that, the file needs to be saved in a safe location which would be easy to find or locate.
- After that, run the downloaded file on your computer and follow the steps on the screen to finish the installation.